Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Music defines Miami’s culture because of our Miami natives,(Cuban ,black, Haitian, Puerto Ricans, Africans and travelers) for example we have “Little Havana”(little Cuba) where a large amount of American/Cuban Cubans reside , the area looks a lot like Cuba itself and for them music is what keeps this area alive. Music I’m sure is the main essential that keeps restaurant, boutique, café, owners and other people inspired by their culture &; country, influencing them to continue striving to keep the feel alive , they even have a yearly celebration called “calle Ocho (eight street ) where the entire city of Miami even broward County gets a chance to come out , show their flags and represent their country while enjoying many different types of food and music.
Miami has several different cultures being influenced day by day by their music as well as the music of many other cultures feeding the feel and vibration of Miami Florida , that makes Miami what it is today .. I’m sure as a Miami Native if we can give thanks to music itself for effort and influence it has done for our cultures , homes ,friend , families and accomplishments today , We would .. Music you are Life , Music you are Loved.
Written by Yanique Jean Philippe
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Are you a savvy writer? Are you capable of editing content on the fly with perfection? Are you a social media specialist? Well should these characteristics be a match, continue reading...
We are looking for a social media expert who will be responsible for writing content for multiple websites, blogs, engage and manage multiple social media profiles. This position requires ability to provide key oversight for multiple social persona and content review from multiple writers. Qualified candidates must be able to bring a laser-like focus to their work, as this job has a narrower scope than many marketing writing/editing gigs. Should you possess the speed and efficiency to manage multiple projects on a tight timeline, you will be highly sought after. As a member of our team you will be expected to create, edit, & manage multiple pieces of content as well as update and manage multiple social media profiles on a consistent schedule. Move through thousands of words a day.
Our work environment is fast-paced, and all edits are made on computer screens instead of being chiseled into stone tablets. The role is a full-time, in-house position at our office in West Fort Lauderdale. Below we have specified what we are looking for in prospective candidates along with expected duties/requirements and yes, compensation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Marketing with focus on content creation and management (Students pursuing a degree in English or Journalism are welcome to apply)
- Experience in an Agency environment a plus
- Must have a writing and editing background, copy editing experience (preferred)
- Experience managing projects in a related industry
- Conceptualize, research, and write blog posts and articles
- Input content into Wordpress, Blogger, Web 2.0 publishing platforms
- Promote engagement and social sharing
- Handle basic SEO optimization, and distribution of content
- A detail-oriented, creative problem solver who can make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Skill in identifying big-picture problems and ability to discern the details to solve them
- A supernatural amount of energy to work with a rapidly growing company
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to research, write, and edit text that expresses compassion & knowledge in understandable terms of various styles/lengths for various purposes under very tight deadlines.
- Have knowledge & experience with emerging media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Slideshare, etc.
- Working knowledge of multiple Blog and Web 2.0 platforms, i.e. Blogspot, Hubpages, TypePad, Slideshare, SquareSpaces etc.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, including Joomla, WordPress, or Custom CMS.
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence construction and formatting styles. Keen attention to detail.
- Experienced with web page content layout and in applying aesthetic sense to web design (Not Designing).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
This is a Full-Time, direct hire, in-office position. We are ONLY accepting applicants from the South Florida Region. Are you the one? Apply Today!
- We offer a VERY COMPETITIVE salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time
- A Fun Laid back environment
- and....a challenging innovative career path
CORPORATE CULTURE AND EMPLOYEE LIFE:
We are a successful 7 year old B2C company, which currently employs over 100 employees with a cutting-edge, friendly, relaxed, flexible, fun, fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and hard-working culture. Our office environment intentionally has a professional but casual and non-corporate feel with family morals. We are forward thinking and very serious about keeping a culture that everyone enjoys and can thrive in.
Don't let this great opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic group of individuals pass you by, please apply now!
Send your cover letter and resume to Kamran@purebredbreeders.com
I am a recent FIU grad and just began working as an Account Executive for Mindshare, a global media and marketing services company. We are currently looking for another Account Executive as the company continues to expand. If you can please pass this email along to any of your past and/or current students, I would greatly appreciate it.
If anyone is interested please have them send me their resume to Alejandra.Sanchez@
Below is the job description:
Position: Account Executive/Media Buyer
Company: Mindshare Miami – Regional Media Planning & Buying Agency for Latin America.
Proposed Position: Media Account Executive
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration and/or communications.
· A basic understanding of media tools and techniques, communication channels, media strategy, development and planning process, media buying/negotiation within guidelines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel as well as other Microsoft applications.
· Detail oriented and excellent follow through capabilities.
· Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams and work under pressure.
· Bilingual, English and Spanish is a requirement.
· Day to day contact with Network representatives to ensure that media buys are executed as purchased.
· Work with Supervisor to develop budget allocations across media mix scenarios.
· Liaison between Networks and clients.
· Create and monitor media buys from beginning to end to ensure objectives have been met.
· Ensure client billing is correct by approving invoices and reconciling discrepancies.
· Work in continuous communication with the Media Account Managers to optimize administrative processes.
· Undertaking basic negotiation under the supervision of Account Supervisor, Account Manager and Account Director.
· Assist the team with creative material implementation: traffic control, material shipment and delivery of traffic instructions to the networks.
· Collecting, interpreting and formatting information relating to client business, brand consumers and competitive marketplace e.g. IBOPE, TGI etc.
Thank you for your help!
601 Brickell Key Drive Suite 902 Miami Florida 33131 USA
601 Brickell Key Drive Suite 902 Miami Florida 33131 USA
An FIU alum who is the Director of Marketing for a company in Hollywood, FL is hiring a Copywriter/Content manager and would love to hire someone from FIU.
Please email Tim Dugan Birrittella at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email Tim Dugan Birrittella at email@example.com
Thursday, July 18, 2013
The Social Media Community Manager will take on the day-to-day responsibilities of the social media presence for multiple agency clients across multiple platforms. This role will report to the Director of Social Media. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience using social media, personally and professionally.
- Implement platform-specific best practices across various platforms and social communities including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Help to develop and execute social media marketing strategies for our clients across a wide array of industries.
- Develop and implement creative and highly measureable social media programs and campaigns, including guerilla and word-of- mouth campaigns. Track, analyze, and report on the campaigns.
- Community-building around various topics, industries, products, and brands for our clients. Foster interactivity, engagement, community growth, expertise, trust, and loyalty. Seek out opportunities for conversation.
- Community moderation, including answering comments and questions, prompting further engagement, escalating issues to clients, following up on issues, and maintaining community standards. Conflict management and crisis management when necessary. Given our business and the nature of social media, some weekend, holiday, and off-hours work will be required.
- Develop and execute custom content marketing strategies for clients, including content curation of relevant articles, images, videos, infographics and other highly compelling items. Some copywriting, including creation of conversion-optimized titles and intros along with social SEO copy.
- Perform outreach activities, including developing and maintaining relationships with key bloggers and other influencers. Leverage those relationships and opportunities where appropriate.
- Execute paid/sponsored media campaigns across multiple social media platforms in conjunction with the media department.
- Utilize third-party social media management tools.
- Utilize platform-specific and third-party social media tracking and analytics tools.
- Provide reporting on social media key metrics. Track projects, report, and monitor KPIs and social media ROI.
- Provide ROI basis for increasing social media budgets through business metrics, optimization, and testing across brands.
- Establish, track, and ensure adherence to budgets, launch schedules, campaign and marketing objectives.
- Stay bleeding-edge current on the latest news and events in the world of social media and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Experiment with new tools and platforms.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with demonstrated success in social media community management, community building, social media strategies, and outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Must be flexible, with the ability to multi-task and frequently adjust to changing priorities and timelines in a fast-paced working environment. Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds.
- Self-starter, constantly thinking proactively and identifying new opportunities.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to write with a given audience in mind, keeping communication clear and concise.
- Diplomacy in internal/external communications.
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and customer advocacy.
- Commitment to agency growth.
- Focus on corporate reputation, image and risk management .
Company DescriptionFounded in Boca Raton in 1999, with a satellite office in New York City, MDG Advertising has earned a leading reputation for successful branding, solid marketing and media-buying strategies, unparalleled creative execution, and innovative interactive solutions. Our interactive capabilities include website design and development, with a focus on optimum usability, information architecture, and SEO as well as engaging social media marketing. From retail to restaurants, hospitality to healthcare, sports teams to software, and more, we provide our clients with a competitive advantage—locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.