Marketing EngineerCompany: ABB
Marketing | FL, United States
ABB, Inc. has a current opening for a Marketing Engineer in their Coral Springs, FL location. The Marketing Engineer provides commercial expertise to support marketing and sales activities of protection relays and test switches, including generation of marketing collateral, sales tools, and market analysis. This position also promotes, maintains, and helps develop customer training programs.
- Develop sales tools for Distribution Automation (DA) products based on market needs and Front-End Sales feedback, ensuring alignment with DA’s strategy.
- Develop competitor analysis containing key activities and statistics.
- Validate technical content, update and maintain brochures, flyers, and other literature following product enhancements, releases, phase-outs, etc.
- Work with engineers and product managers to identify and update product displays for trade shows to ensure the best way to highlight the DA portfolio offering and applications.
- Identify opportunities for and implement marketing campaigns to position DA’s products in the market place.
- Implement marketing communications and advertising strategies.
- Work with RMMs, RTMs and engineering to generate ideas for technical white papers and ensure that papers are written in a timely manner.
- Design, establish, set-up and administer Distribution Automation’s Training Excellence Center. This includes the identification of the training needs, subject matter content, method of delivery, etc.
- Coordinate and administer the training school program for Distribution Automation, including preparation of class materials, create and maintain the registration system, manage classroom logistics, obtain qualified instructors, etc.
- Obtain and maintain CEU certification for DA training courses.
- Ensure material content for schools is up-to-date, relevant, and adequate. Ensure all material used during classes is homogenous and there are no variations of materials and content used by instructors.
- Obtain customer feedback. Refine curriculum including in-classroom and webinar classes based on customer feedback.
- Promote DA training schools thru direct contact with customers, direct mail, electronic channels, etc.
- Recommend and implement improvements to training programs.
- Research and analyze data to identify trends, issues, and other relevant information
- Bachelors in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering - OR - Marketing degree with experience in power products is required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing or sales of power products is required
- Knowledge of communication protocols and Goose messaging is desirable
- Previous experience in setting up customer training programs is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of protection relays domestic and international markets and competitors’ product lines is desirable
- Position requires up to 20% travel