Division: Professional Services
An Implementation Consultant I is part of a project team assisting in implementing and training Campus Management Corp® software applications at customer sites. This includes learning Campus Management software, reviewing customer business practices and existing data, configuring CampusVue® software, training end users on the software and writing status reports. The Implementation Consultant must be proactive, self-starting, professional, able to travel, willing to work extra hours and strive for consistent, quality results.
• Understands the features, functions, and benefits of Campus Management software. Understands the major operating aspects of a school operation.
• Participates and observes in business process analysis. Documents business practices, rules, and data flow. Documents process diagrams using Visio.
• Develops well written and well organized documentation, agendas and procedural documentation such as Quick Reference Cards.
• Conducts data entry during set up and configuration and data translation processes. Validates data following a test plan and reports results accordingly. Documents problems and notifies others as appropriate using pre-defined escalation procedures.
• Independently trains the following modules to end users: Navigation, Contact Manager, Admissions, Academic Records, Placement, Financial Aid Fundamentals, Student Account Fundamentals and Housing and Student Services.
• Supports Go Live week independently.
• Submit regular reports regarding project status, problem areas, training activities, utilization, expenses, etc. to project team or PM.
• Other duties as assigned by management and/or project lead.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 2+ years working in project teams in software installation, implementation preferred. Post-Secondary School industry experience preferred.
• A degree in MIS or Business preferred -- but not limited to those degrees.
• Relational database management including queries, reporting, and administration helpful.
• Report generators used with relational databases such as Crystal and/or FoxFire helpful.
• Demonstrated experience conducting basic presentations, conducting one-on-one and/or on-the-job training, classroom training and/or online/web cast training.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. Experience with project management software preferred. Previous experience with other software applications such as database and reporting programs preferred.
• Software installation and troubleshooting helpful.
• Ability to adapt easily to working with new technologies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven effective listening skills. Demonstrated presentation skills.
• Able to quickly establish rapport, gain and maintain credibility with diverse audiences.
Position is initially closely supervised and as experienced is gained it is moderately supervised to ensure quality of work and professional interaction while building customer relationships. Participates fully as a team member. Seeks out and accepts responsibility, takes ownership of work. Organizes and facilitates meetings as directed by Project Manager.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
PC and Laptop computers, fax machines, cellular telephones, LCD projector and various training equipment.
Must be able to work under close direction/supervision, and work with a variety of supervisory styles. Requires the following characteristics: self-motivated, dependable, detail oriented, enthusiastic, ability to handle high-stress situations and long hours, flexibility, adaptability.
Job requires 75-90% travel (40-46 weeks per year). Some travel on weekends and/or holidays may be required. Working additional hours at customer sites as requested. Participate in after-hour meetings with management.
Computer Software, Training & Development